The Archdiocese of Seattle has a long commitment to the protection of children, youth and vulnerable adults. In 2007, the Safe Environment office was established to assist the Archbishop in ensuring these commitments.
All volunteers are required to complete a background check every three years; read and approve policies, and complete Safe Environment Training. Without completion of these prerequisites, you may not volunteer with the students at Assumption Catholic School (including classroom volunteers, field trip chaperones, coaches, Playground Angels).
To begin the process of being Safe Environment approved, go to www.virtus.org and click on “First Time Registrant” and the left side of the page. Then follow these steps:
- Click “Begin the registration process”
- Select “Seattle, WA (Archdiocese)”
- Create a user ID and password
- Provide user information
- Select “Assumption School – Bellingham” as your primary location
- Complete the registration
- Please note: you are not required to use a social security number
If you have questions, please contact the front office.
For more information, visit the Safe Environment Program at the Archdiocese of Seattle: