Thank you for your interest in Assumption Catholic School. We understand that choosing a school for your family is a very important decision, and we are delighted that you are considering Assumption to partner with you in the education of your child. Assumption Catholic School welcomes applications for children Preschool through Eighth Grade regardless of race, religion, color, or ethnic origin. Our application process consists of the simple steps we have outlined below. We look forward to welcoming you into the Assumption Catholic family!
We welcome your questions and look forward to helping you determine if Assumption is a good fit for your family. Please feel free to call (360-733-6133) or email us (email@example.com) anytime. Alternatively, you can contact us online and we’ll always do our best to respond within 24 hours.
SCHEDULE A VISIT
This informal meeting is our opportunity to learn about your family and answer all of your questions. We will share who we are at Assumption Catholic School, what we have to offer, show you around the school, and give you the opportunity to meet our staff and see our students. We can also explore what specifics you are looking for in a Catholic school. You may choose to submit an application at this time.
Once you have applied and paid a nominal application fee, all entering students need to take an assessment. This is simply our way of seeing whether or not we can meet your child’s needs. Once the assessment is complete, we will determine if your student is accepted and will send you an acceptance letter.
THE ONLINE APPLICATION FOR THE 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR IS NOW AVAILABLE. Click here to apply for Preschool through Eighth Grade for the 2023-2024 school year.
Please note the following family requirements in addition to tuition (buyout options are also available). This support encourages parent involvement and helps keep our tuition as affordable as possible so more families might be able to choose Assumption for their children!
- Complete required volunteer hours* (40 hours per year for school, 5 hours per year for church for two-parent households. 20 hours per year for school, 5 hours per year for church for single parent households)
- Purchase Scrip to yield a minimum of $200 profit to the school ($100 profit for single parent household) or by making a minimum buy-out of $200 ($100 single parent household) by May 31, 2022.
- Support the Parent Teacher Club’s “Growing Great Kids Auction” with a cash donation, sponsorship, or procured item. ($200 minimum value)
*Volunteer hours not required of preschool families
ADMISSIONS POLICY and PROCESS for INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS (updated 6/22/22)
- Complete the Assumption Catholic School registration form, which can be completed online. This includes a $50 application fee.
Note – when entering student Information, please indicate you are an international student.
- Complete the supplemental forms. Please submit the following by sending a hard copy to 2116 Cornwall Ave., Bellingham, WA, 98225, USA.
1. Copy of passport
2. English proficiency exam if available or a Skype interview on record. Students entering second grade or below will not have an English proficiency requirement.
3. Transcripts or report cards for the past 2 years (for entering grade 3 and above)
4. Transcript translation provided.
5. Teacher recommendations (at least two from separate teachers)
6. Writing sample (for entering grade 3 and above)
7. Bank statement verifying family’s ability to pay one year’s tuition plus living expenses.
- Once the application is complete and all of the forms have been submitted, an I-20 application will be sent by mail to the foreign address the school has on file. With the I-20 application, an additional letter will also be sent to show proof of acceptance into Assumption Catholic School.
After paying the I-901 application fee at https://www.fmjfee.com/index.html, please take the completed I-20 application and acceptance letter to the nearest embassy where they will issue the F1 student visa.
Tuition Fees for International Students
- The registration fee is $375 per student, per year.
- For international students, the school charges an additional annual fee to cover application costs, mailings, and processing fees. The annual fee per family is $1450. For example, in 2023-2024, an out-of-parish non-subsidized tuition is $8,150. With the additional international student fee, this cost for one child would be $9,600.
- It is recommended that because of language and other potential challenges, parents/guardians should consider buying out of fundraising and volunteer hours. The cost for this is an additional $1,200. This same student would then be at $10,800.
- Each additional child is charged at the regular tuition rate for subsidized or non-subsidized tuition including a 10% discount per child.
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy Regarding Students
Assumption Catholic School admits students of any race, sex, sexual orientation, faith traditions, color, or national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to all students at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, or national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs and athletic and other administered programs.