“Beautiful music is the art of the prophets that can calm the agitations of the soul; it is one of the most magnificent and delightful presents God has given us.” – Martin Luther
The Assumption Catholic School, we believe that through the study of music:
- Students should experience the power of sung prayer and the joy of expressing their faith through music.
- Students should be given opportunities to create, perform and respond to music of various types in a variety of ways.
- Students should be prepared for a lifetime of active, satisfying involvement with music in a variety of forms.
- Students should have opportunities to read, interpret and perform a wide range of music literature, including music created by others and their own works.
- Students should be able to respond with understanding to others’ musical works and others’ performance.
- Students should be empowered to create, refine and notate their own original music.