We had fun on Monday with Read Across America!
Yesterday, we had experimented with forces playing kickball and discussing Sir Isaac Newton’s first law of motion. We also tried to determine without cracking it, if an egg was cooked or raw, using our observation skills. There were lots of ideas!
We need more volunteers! Parent volunteers are needed for math help on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8:30-9:45! Please sign ups are here!
- Saturday, March 7 – Auction at Bellingham Country Club
- Friday, March 14 6:00 starting in the church – Children’s Stations of the Cross – Fish Fry – Lenten Craft Fun – In the gym!
- Monday, March 30 – Book reports are due! They will be handed out next Friday
Field Trip Dates:
- Museum of Flight – April 17th!!!
- Tuesday, May 19 morning – Whatcom Museum
- Friday, June 5 – Marine Park – most of the day
Religion: Third graders discussed forgiveness. We are memorizing again the Act of Contrition to prepare for Reconciliation at the end of the month with Fr. Moore.
Literacy: We are deep into the book The Adventures of Vin Fiz reading and discussing in small groups. For spelling we studied homophones.
Math: Mathematicians are becoming more fluent these division facts: 0-5 and 10. We will finish this chapter next week.
Science: We began a unit on Force and Motion, experimenting with Newton’s Laws of Motion.
Social Studies, Technology & Writing: We are typing our essays about their parents. They also worked on typing skills.