Happy Lent! We began our week in religion talking about Jesus as the Good Shepherd for Lent. He forgives us as he gathers all the sheep and lambs (us) no matter how far we stray. We ended the week with a prayer meditation on Jesus as the Good Shepherd for us. It was a great way to begin our Lenten season!
We welcomed a new member to our class this week! Welcome Mathew!
We had fun listening to all the book reports this week!
Parent volunteers are needed for math help on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8:30-9:45! Please sign ups are here!
- Monday, March 2 – Read Across America – Students dress up as their favorite book character! We have an all-school celebration in the afternoon!
- Friday, March 6 – Mass – dress uniform
- Saturday, March 7 – Auction at Bellingham Country Club
- Friday, March 14 6:00 starting in the church – Children’s Stations of the Cross – Fish Fry – Lenten Craft Fun – In the gym!
- Monday, March 30 – Book reports are due! They will be handed out next Friday
Field Trip Dates:
- Museum of Flight – Changed to a new date! – April 17th!!!
- Tuesday, May 19 morning – Whatcom Museum
- Friday, June 5 – Marine Park – most of the day
Religion: Third graders theologians learned about Jesus being the Good Shepherd. We discussed what we were going to do in our personal life to become a better Christian for Lent. We also received ashes at the Ash Wednesday Mass. Finally on Friday, we did our service work, cleaning up trash around our campus.
Literacy: We presented book reports this week. We are deep into the book The Adventures of Vin Fiz. For spelling we studied r-controlled /ar/ words.
Math: Mathematicians are becoming more fluent these division facts: 0-5 and 10. Next week, we will tackle more of them!
Science:We reviewed and wrapped up our genetics unit with a test on Friday.
Social Studies, Technology & Writing: We are typing our essays about their parents. They also worked on typing skills.