About Growing Great Kids Auction and Gala
The “Growing Great Kids Auction & Gala” is the largest annual fundraiser for Assumption Catholic School. Each year parents, parishioners and community members come together in support of our school, students, and Catholic education in Whatcom County. This festive evening begins with a silent auction featuring items donated by local businesses and friends of Assumption, cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. The event then moves into the ballroom for a seated dinner, live auction, dessert dash, and dancing. What has grown to become one of the most anticipated nights of the year attracts over 250 attendees and is always a great time- we hope you’ll join us! The 2018 auction was a sold-out event, so RSVP early! Cocktail attire encouraged.
Check back often for updates!
2019 Event Schedule
Saturday, March 2nd
Bellingham Golf and Country Club: 3729 Meridian St, Bellingham, WA 98225
- 5:00-5:30 PM- Check in
- 5:00- 7:00 PM- Silent Auction
- 7:00 PM- Dinner seating
- 7:15 PM- Dinner served
- 8:00-9:30 PM- Live Auction
- Dancing to follow!
Donate an item:
We are currently accepting live and silent item donations for the 2019 auction. If you would like to donate an item, please fill out and submit the Donate an Auction Item form. All donations are tax deductible and proceeds directly benefit Assumption Catholic School.
Each family has agreed to donate and/or procure items of at least $200 in value. This does not include your ticket to the event or any purchases made at the event. You can fulfill this commitment in one for the following ways:
- Make a monetary donation of $200 or more to the auction
- Purchase advertising for $200 or more
- Procure items or services of $200 or more
- Become of sponsor of the event!
Contact your auction chairs, Shanae Strayer and Courtney Twining, at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We think the best donations are things that you would want to purchase! What do you love? Keep in mind that if you have a really great idea for an item or experience worth more than $200, you can join with another family to purchase the item together! These are just a few ideas to spark some creativity:
- Themed dinner parties in private homes
- Boat or sailing cruise
- Microbrew or wine tasting
- Sports tickets: Seahawks, Sounders, Mariners, etc
- Exclusive access to local celebrities
- Weekend resort or hotel stays
- Airline tickets
- Family getaways
- Landscape design and service
- Homeowner services: cleaning, carpentry, painting, carpet cleaning, floor restoration
- Language lessons
- Golf: lessons or greens fees
- Kayaking, paddleboard lessons
- Ski lessons and passes
- Religious items
- Wine and accessories
- Chocolate/coffee/tea/cheese lovers baskets
- Fishing and camping gear
- Movie passes, bowling certificates
- Party packages
- Spa services