Concepts covered this week
- We listened to the Gospel story of the transfiguration of Jesus.
- We practiced different kinds of prayer: a thank you prayer, a blessing, a prayer of praise and a prayer of adoration.
- We wrote our own prayers to say during our Lenten journey.
- We made more symbols of prayer for our Lenten suitcases.
- We practiced reading and writing long o words (o-e words).
- We read realistic fiction stories about things families do together.
- We practiced reading and identifying words with the sh- and wh- diagraphs.
- We wrote a journal entry about our favorite sounds.
- We practiced using the questions to write answers for listening center stories.
- We continued to practice the addition strategies of double and double +1.
- We used cubes, pictures, numbers and flash cards to practice the addition strategy of make a ten.
- We practiced using a 100 chart to find 10 more and less of a given number.
- We shared our models of national symbols and landmarks with our classmates.
- We began to learn about the properties of sound. We watched a video that visualized sound waves, illustrated vocabulary words then began to plan a way to talk to a friend over a distance of 5 feet using a device to transmit our voice.
- In Physical Education we developed ball handling skills relating to volleyball and basketball.
- In Music we sang, moved and created new verses to the song When I Was One. We also learned the new Solfege syllable la, and explored its relationship to the syllables sol and mi.
- In Spanish we reviewed topics with songs, repetitions and movement. We prayed the Holy Trinity. We also practiced courtesy words, colors and numbers 0-20. We sang the months of the year and the days of the week
- In Art we used what we learned about stained glass to create another light and color piece of work.
- In the computer lab, we practiced number sense in the IXL Math program (Part A).
- We listened to more folk tales and fairy tales in class.