Concepts covered this week
- We listened to the Gospel story where Jesus tells us to love our enemies.
- We learned about the significance of Ash Wednesday.
- We learned that Lent is a 40-day journey with Jesus.
- We made Lenten suitcases. We will fill the suitcases with items to help us on our Lenten journey.
- We practiced reading and writing long a words (a-e words).
- We read and wrote words with th and ch diagraphs.
- We read realistic stories about families.
- We wrote a journal entry about an American symbol.
- We worked on writing complete sentences with a subject and predicate.
- We practiced addition facts of numbers with the same addend (doubles).
- We added together two numbers with answers greater than 10 by using the strategy of double +1.
- We practiced factoring teen numbers into groups of tens and ones.
- We looked at three digit numbers on our new 101-200 number chart.
- We learned about American symbols.
- We identified some symbols as landmarks that we could visit.
- We learned about national holidays.
- We discussed what it means to be a hero.
Physical Education/Music/ Spanish/Art:
- In Physical Education we practiced ball handling using basketballs and volleyballs.
- In Music we practiced singing sol-mi singing patterns with hand symbols and reading eighth and quarter note rhythm patterns. We added instruments to the song Aikendrum, and kept a steady beat while playing a partner game song Wishy Washy Wee.
- In Spanish we practiced songs and repetitions with movement, reviewed the Holy Trinity, practiced using courtesy words and reviewed colors.
- In Art we learned about light and color. We looked at the stained glass windows in the school and church, and then designed and created our own stained glass window.
- We listened to many different versions of the Gingerbread Man.