Concepts covered this week
- We learned that the Gospel stories during Ordinary Time are about the life and teachings of Jesus
- We learned that Baptism is a special celebration to welcome new members into our church.
- We worked with a partner to finish “Happy Notes” to children in our community.
- We practiced reading and writing words with all short vowels sounds and beginning blends.
- We read animal fantasy books about friendship.
- We identified nouns and pronouns in poems and stories.
- We practiced reading and writing proper nouns.
- We formed sentences with a naming part(subject) and a telling part(predicate).
- We wrote answers to literacy questions where we supported our idea with an event from the story.
- We practiced reading, building and writing teen numbers as a group of 1 ten and some ones.
- We compared groups of objects and numbers by using the signs for greater than, less than and equals.
- We learned how and why some animals hibernate in the winter.
- We worked in groups to make posters to remind three animals what they should do to survive the harsh winter weather.
- In Physical Education, we began to develop ball handling skills relating to volleyball and basketball.
- In Spanish, we reviewed listening exercises and practiced songs for directional words.
- In Art, we become art detectives while looking at one of the paintings in the school. We created an artwork using weaving techniques to re-create a part of the painting.
- In Music, we took an assessment for reading quarter and eighth note rhythms (ta and ti-ti). We learned the action song Rig a Jig and used it to play a game. We also learned the spiritual Michael Row.