Concepts covered this week
- We listened to the Gospel story of the Epiphany and made group pictures of the three wise men.
- We learned about the Holy Family and compared Jesus family life to our family lives.
- We listened to a story that showed helping others as an act of kindness.
- We participated in a school Mass and noticed the colors and symbols of the Christmas Season.
- We practiced reading and writing words with short u vowels and beginning blends.
- We read fiction stories about pets.
- We identified action verbs in our stories, then wrote sentences using some of these verbs.
- We practiced reading and writing proper nouns.
- We wrote answers to literacy questions where we supported our idea with an event from the story.
- We practiced finding a “just right” reading book to read by ourselves or with a buddy.
- We reviewed vocabulary words associated with shapes.
- We practiced combining shapes to make a new shape.
- We broke complicated structures into individual shapes.
- We learned about the four things animals need to survive: air, food, water and shelter.
- We reviewed our individual answers to the questions: How do animals know winter is coming?
- We began to read about how animals survive the winter.
- In Physical Education, we began a rhythm and dance unit by dancing to simple children circle dances.
- In Spanish, we reviewed listening exercises and practiced songs for directional words. We completed an activity emphasizing the Epiphany.
- In Art, we created an image of Mary for winter.
- In Music,we practiced reading eighth and quarter note rhythms using the song Strawberry Shortcake. We also listening to Winter by Vivaldi and used balloons to move to the beat of music.