Concepts covered this week
- We read about and drew pictures of our guardian angels.
- We learned about the job of a pastor from our special guest “Father Moore”.
- We identified God as the Creator and illustrated things that were created by God.
- We attended the Saint Francis Animal Blessing and learned how Saint Francis cared for and loved living things.
- We reviewed letter sounds and correct letter formation of all consonants.
- We practiced reading many sight words in phonic reading stories.
- We identified words in the –ut, and –up word families.
- We wrote a realistic or make believe journal entry about taking a bath (Rosco took a bath in the dishwasher).
- We listened to a story and responded to a literacy question in a complete sentence.
- We defined and used the math vocabulary words; whole, part, number bond.
- We broke a special number (whole) into two groups (parts) and learned that there are many combinations for the special number.
- We practiced some problem solving strategies involving the words more or less.
- We participated in a class election and voted dog as our favorite pet.
- We reviewed and illustrated external plant parts.
- We watched an interesting Ted Talk video, then made a class list of ways that plants protect themselves.
Physical Education/Music/Spanish/ Art/
- In Physical Education we practiced passing, kicking and trapping a ball.
- In Music we learned about melodic direction (high and low sounds, distinguished if pitches traveled up or down, sang in a low or high pitch) with the song High Low, and learned a xylophone accompaniment to Bye Low Baby Oh. We began to learn about the composer of the month, Antonio Vivaldi.
- In Spanish we reviewed directions with songs, such as up, down, left, right. We learned communication in the classroom so that students can follow basic instructions in Spanish. We practiced greetings for different times of the day.
- In Art we learned about reflection and warm and cool colors while drawing a landscape.