This week, we worked on daily routines. We practiced following directions and lining up. We are discovering our best listening spot on the carpet. We had a busy week and deserve a relaxing weekend.
Concepts Covered This Week
- We participated in an All School Mass.
- We practiced using our Religion textbooks.
- We practiced some of the First grade prayers.
- We listened to the Gospel story where Jesus says, “I am the Good Shepherd.”
- We practiced reading sight words.
- We practiced the correct formation of the letters f,h,k,l,r and t.
- We reviewed many consonant sounds.
- We made pictures of our favorite lunch items.
- We practice writing color words.
- We reviewed numbers 0 to 10.
- We identified and practiced using the math vocabulary greater, fewer, more and less.
- We looked at number patterns.
- We shared some problem solving techniques.
- We discussed class rules and why they are important.
- We discussed and drew pictures of some of our feelings.
- We looked at ways to be a good school citizen.
- We reviewed class rules and protocols through the games from Adventure Curriculum. This includes; stop and start signals, request to leave the class, evaluation rubric, and being responsible for equipment. Students know to inform me of physical or emotional injuries. They know where the first aid kit is located, and that it is most important in an emergency to be quiet.
- With Mrs. McClurg, we made self-portraits and practiced songs to use for class routines.
- In Art class, we brainstormed, designed, and drew Essential Agreements for art class.
- In Music class we learned classroom procedures and reviewed musical concepts. We reviewed beat, our 4 voices (speaking, whisper, calling and singing), and call and response singing.
- In Spanish Class we talked about class expectations, reviewed directions and learned a new song.