Concepts covered this week
- We listened to and discussed the Gospel stories related to Easter Sunday and the Resurrection.
- We made some pictures to represent the Risen Lord and New Life.
- We practiced and lead the school and parish in Mass. We highlighted New Life in Christ.
- We lead the Church assembly in The World Pledge, in honor of Earth Day.
- We practiced reading and writing long e (ee, ea, e-e) words.
- We practiced making and using words with double consonants and –ed endings.
- We thought of a task that we do well and listed the direction in order. We are turning this into a “How to” instruction book.
- We turned our own stories into books during Writers Workshop center.
- We wrote a journal entry about what we learned from the water safety demonstration.
- We used blocks, pictures and numbers to add and subtract numbers to 50 without regrouping.
- We looked at addition of three numbers. We used the strategies of factoring to make a ten or find a double to simplify the problem.
- We worked with a partner to list and illustrate ways we can help endangered elephants. We turned this into a class poster.
- We participated in a water safety demonstration put on by the Coast Guard Auxiliary.
- In Physical Education, we practiced catching with scoops and throwing to a partner for accuracy. We also begin to practice striking off a baseball tee.
- In Spanish, we practiced words for foods we commonly eat, drew and labeled a plate of food and watched a video about Spanish names for foods from the Calico online program.
- In Music, we practiced aural skills by writing down note patterns that we hear. We played musical games to practice solo singing and read a book about the instruments of the orchestra.
- In Art, we reviewed color as we made a painting of spring flowers. We read many stories about a mischievous bunny by Rosemary Wells from the Max and Ruby series.