Concepts covered this week
- We listened to and discussed the Gospel story of a second chance for the fig tree.
- We described sin as choosing to do something that we know is wrong.
- We discussed why it is important to ask for forgiveness when we make a wrong choice. We also discussed why we should forgive those who wrong us.
- We made some symbols of forgiving to add to our Lenten suitcases.
- We attended Mass with the school and parish community.
- We practiced reading and writing long u words (u-e).
- We read a folk tale and a tall tale that took place on a ranch and in the desert.
- We practiced using the verbs: is, are, was and were.
- We continued to practice reading and writing two part answers to literature questions.
- We wrote a journal entry about an animal adventure. We chose either an animal fantasy or non-fiction format.
- We reviewed the math vocabulary words associated with 2 digit numbers.
- We practiced using blocks, pictures and symbols to represent numbers to 40
- We compared, added on or subtracted from numbers to 40.
- We watched a video and read books explaining vibrations and sound waves.
- We worked with a partner to design and build a “recycled” musical instrument that produces three sounds.
- In Physical Education, we used paddles with a variety of balls to improve striking skills.
- In Spanish, we learned some vocabulary words for classroom objects, listened to a story about St. Joseph’s Day and watched a movie titled, The Emperor’s New Groove.
- In Music, we learned about the instruments of the orchestra and listening to Peter and the Wolf by Sergei Prokofiev. We created Listening Journals and actively responded to the music that we heard.
- In Art, we continued to learn about geometry in quilt patterns and created our own patterns for a paper quilt.
- We listened to many stories about spring, animals and families.