Concepts covered this week
- We listened to and discussed the Gospel stories of the Transfiguration.
- We described prayer as listening and speaking to God.
- We wrote our own Lenten prayers.
- We made some symbols of prayer to add to our Lenten suitcases.
- We attended Mass with the parish community.
- We practiced reading and writing long i words (i-e).
- We read some stories about cats, rats, mice and owls.
- We practiced decoding words with double middle consonants.
- We practiced reading and writing two part answers to literature questions.
- We wrote a journal entry about our favorite parts of the show at MBT.
- We reviewed the math vocabulary words associated with the math chapter.
- We practiced using blocks, pictures and symbols to add and subtract numbers to 20.
- We began to look at three-digit addition by first adding a double, then adding one or 2 more.
- We completed the Arch-Diocesan safety curriculum by discussing safe and unsafe touches and what to do if someone breaks the touching rule.
- In Physical Education, we used paddles with a variety of balls to improve striking skills.
- In Spanish, we looked at numbers 1-50, practiced counting and solving simple math problems.
- In Music, we listened to the story Ada’s Violin by Susan Hood, to learn about the Recycled Orchestra of Paraguay. We were introduced to Peter and the Wolf by Sergei Prokofiev, by learning about the composer and the orchestra instrument families.
- In Art, we learned about geometry in quilt patterns and created our own pattern for a paper quilt. We also painted spring pictures and worked on color #2 on our city landscape.
- We listened to many stories from James Edward Marshall