Concepts covered this week
- We listened to the Gospel story where Jesus heals the daughter of Jairus.
- We defined Jesus as the “Good News.”
- We discussed different ways we can share the Good News of Jesus with others.
- We began to learn about the Eucharist.
- We participated in a school lead Parish Mass.
- We practiced reading and writing long a words (a-e words).
- We read and wrote words with th and ch diagraphs.
- We read realistic stories about families.
- We wrote a journal entry about what we would do as the president of our country.
- We worked on writing complete sentences with a subject and predicate.
- We practiced addition facts of numbers that add up to ten.
- We added together two numbers with answers greater than 10 by using the strategy of making a ten.
- We practiced factoring teen numbers into groups of tens and ones.
- We looked at three digit numbers on our new 101-200 number chart.
- We reviewed how things change over time and completed the unit test.
- We read books and an article about 2 famous presidents.
- We began to learn about stars and constellations
Physical Education/Music/ Spanish/Art:
- In Physical Education we practiced ball handling using basketballs and volleyballs.
- In Music we practiced active listening. We responded to music and described what we heard and how it made us feel. We also learned about Guido d’Arezzo and the invention of music notation.
- In Spanish we learned family words and reviewed colors
- In Art we learned about geometry in quilt patterns and created our pattern for a paper quilt.
- We listened to many different versions of the Gingerbread Man.