Concepts covered this week
- We discussed the gospel story where Jesus tells us to treat others the way we want to be treated.
- We identified Jesus as the Son of God.
- We shared ways we can celebrate and spread the Good News of Jesus.
- We participated in a service project where we decorated cards for guests attending the school auction.
- We practiced reading and writing words with long a sound (a-e).
- We practiced reading and writing words with beginning blends and the ch diagraph.
- We read a folk tale about a boastful, braggy cookie.
- We wrote a journal entry about how we spent our unexpected break from school.
- We worked on writing complete sentences with a subject and a predicate.
- We completed the chapter on writing and comparing numbers from 0-20.
- We used problem solving skills to find a mystery number.
- We began to look at addition and subtraction facts to 20 by reviewing ways to add two numbers.
- We reviewed the following vocabulary words; past, present, future, change, timeline and tool.
- We read about ways schools and communities change over time.
- We discussed the significance of Valentine’s Day and President’s Day.
- In Physical Education we worked on exercises and played games to help with abdominal strength and flexibility.
- In Music, we sang African American spirituals in celebration of Black History Month. We also learned a new note value, the half note. We explored this new note with singing, using body percussion, and drawing it on a music staff.
- In Art, we made and decorated Valentine’s Day boxes and cards.
- In Spanish, we learned about articles of clothing by making and labeling picture colleges.
We ended the week with a class party to celebrate Valentine’s Day.