Concepts covered this week
- We discussed the meaning of Advent and noticed the ways our room and the church were decorated for this season.
- We wrote about some ways we are preparing our hearts for Jesus during Advent.
- We practice our parts and presented a Mass to the Parish and School Community.
- We practiced being an active faith-filled person who prays formally and spontaneously.
- We practiced reading and writing short “e” words.
- We practiced saying and writing verbs with -ed endings.
- We read realistic fiction stories about foods that animals eat.
- We wrote complete sentences to answer literary questions.
- We wrote a journal entry about what we like to eat with our families.
- We completed the unit on subtraction and fact families to 10.
- We reviewed the basic shapes that we mastered in Kindergarten.
- We identified some properties of plain shapes such as: color, size, sides, corners and curves.
- We wrote out and illustrated vocabulary words associated with season autumn changes.
- We made a class circle map to indicated ways that we know that winter is coming.
- We worked with a partner to make a book for Pip and Squeak to show they what they should do to get ready for winter.
- In Physical Education, we practiced and performed a gymnastic floor routine to demonstrate mastery of movement and the ability to move smoothly from one skill to another with good body control. Reminder, girls wear your modesty shorts.
- In Spanish, we continued to practice house word by drawing and labeling our homes. Then we did “mini-libritos” or mini-books on the Posadas.
- In Music, we prepared songs for the Christmas Program. We learned the importance of feeling the beat as a group, matched pitch and rhythm, and watched a conductor. We also learn basic conducting motions in 4/4 and 3/4 time.
- In Art, we used crayons, markers, scissors, glue and paint to make decorations and gifts.