Friday, February 1: Celebrate Catholic Schools Week, Honor a Graduate of Assumption Catholic School
Alumni are especially invited to celebrate Catholic Schools Week! Please join us for a special 10:30 a.m. Friday Mass, February 1, at Church of the Assumption.
Assumption Catholic School will welcome all alumni and also honor an alumni during this Mass.
- If you know someone who graduated from Assumption Catholic School before 1995, is a practicing Catholic, and continues to be involved in Catholic education, please email the name of the nominee to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 11.
- We will ask the nominee for three accomplishments as well as a personal statement on his/her view of Catholic education and its value in our community.
- The award honors a graduate of Catholic schools who has made a contribution to American life and the Catholic church.
We will present the alumni with a certificate and gift at this Friday Mass. Previous honorees include Pat McIntyre, Jeff Reinert, JoAnn Bellefeuille, Catherine Finkbonner, Phoebe Vanderboom, Teri Treat, JoAn Siden, and Lou St. Hilaire.
Sunday, February 10: Invite a Family to Open House
As alumni, you are powerful testimonies for your school! We continue to seek to grow the school with students and families like your own. Do you know families who may be looking for a place like Assumption Catholic School?
- Invite families to visit our new websiteat assumption.org. See the dedication of faculty, engagement of students, and warmth of parent testimonials.
- Do you know families who would be interested in school tours? Invite families to “Schedule a Tour” on the home page at assumption.org.
- Come visit—and introduce a new family to your school!Come to the ACS Multicultural Fair and Open House, Sunday, February 10, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Tour your old classrooms, see exciting changes, and introduce someone from your circle to your school.
- Your school now serves all parishes and faiths even more effectively. You can let prospective families know our new school bus offers daily routes to and from Ferndale, Lynden, Everson, and Birch Bay.
- You can also let prospective families know that they can drop by the school to pick up registration packets: Assumption Catholic School is now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Questions about how to invite or connect? We’re always here to serve our beloved alumni. Call the school or email email@example.com.
Saturday, March 2: Come to the “Growing Great Kids” Auction and Gala!
Don’t miss the best celebration of the year! Mark your calendar, gather fellow alumni, and RSVP for the annual “Growing Great Kids” Auction and Gala (http://assumption.maestroweb.com), the largest fundraiser for Assumption Catholic School. Last year’s event sold out, so reserve your spot and table today.
This festive evening begins with a silent auction featuring items donated by friends of Assumption and local businesses, with cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. The event then moves into the ballroom for a seated dinner, live auction, dessert dash, and dancing.
If you’ve attended, you know this is one of the most anticipated nights of the year, with over 250 parents, parishioners, and community members who come together to support our school and Catholic education in Whatcom County. If you’ve never attended as an alum, you are warmly invited this year!