Assumption Catholic School held our annual Spaghetti Dinner on Saturday, Sept 15th with a net total of $6,100! Huge thanks to the many parishioners, families, alumni, school staff and friends of Assumption Catholic School who supported us with meal tickets, purchasing beverages, desserts, raffle tickets, team trivia and general donations. While the dinner isn’t our biggest fundraiser, it’s an important event as it kicks off each new school year, builds our school community and gives our parish opportunities to see the results of their support in action!
Very noteworthy thanks goes to:
- Rob Viggers and his inexhaustible kitchen crew for all the work that went into the meal. Bravissimo!
- Parishioners Frank Albano and Paul Ricci (and their awesome wives) for getting the beer and kegerator donations and managing the bar.
- Staci Johnson for the gorgeous fall centerpieces and for staging the baked goods tables. The already delicious treats looked even better!
- Teri and Matt Treat for managing the raffle. This included arming every 8th grader with tickets to presell and personally selling them after masses. The 50% raffle prize of $825 went to Jeff Ziels, a parent of ACS alumni and our longtime auctioneer. His win felt extra special since Jeff has provided that service for us out of the goodness of his heart for many years.
- Gina DePalma for running the very fun trivia games!
- Sara Rush for filling in the many gaps everywhere, heavy lifting, and cool photo booth and props!
- Sharon Patrick for the festive balloon chef.
- And of course, so much gratitude to the many volunteers who helped run the evening with tickets, décor, food prep,serving, clean up, childcare, trucking tables around town, donated wine and for all the yummy baking.
There are too many volunteers to list, but our 8th graders and their families deserve a special note of thanks. These students agreed to provide extra support of the dinner in order to earn a portion of the proceeds toward their class trip to Washington D.C. The kids came to work and really came through for us, with great attitudes as well. You made us all proud!
Finally, thank you to Olive Garden for donating enough ingredients for 150 full meals, Boundary Bay for the generous beer donations, Drizzle, and our many families for providing wine.