Student Learning Expectations
A Graduate of Assumption Catholic School is:
An active faith-filled person who:
- prays formally and spontaneously.
- exhibits basic knowledge of the Catholic Church teachings.
- participates reverently in the sacramental life of the Church.
- demonstrates compassion through service and is responsive to social justice.
An engaged active life-long learner who:
- understands, integrates and applies knowledge in all basic academic areas.
- reads, researches, problem solves and thinks critically.
- balances spiritual, intellectual, and physical growth as an independent, self-motivated learner.
- works collaboratively.
- sets and works toward personal goals.
An effective communicator who:
- expresses self-confidence and awareness.
- actively listens.
- articulates ideas in written and oral forms.
- resolves conflicts through communication.
- expresses oneself through the arts and technology.
A person of integrity who consistently:
- accepts responsibility for personal behavior.
- makes moral choices that preserve the sacredness of the human person and supports the common good.
- demonstrates a high level of social and ethical standards.
- approaches conflict and challenging situations with the courage to speak confidently.
An active global citizen who:
- practices stewardship for all of God’s creation.
- respects all races, cultures, faith traditions and individuals.
- works socially, environmentally, and politically for the common good.