My google site is user friendly and will have updates about our classes
Link to my google site for Spanish:
Also, here are some documents you may want to read:
Welcome letter for Spanish this year
Click here for Welcome letter
Middle School Syllabus
Click here for Middle School Syllabus
Curriculum de Español 2016-2017
Introduction to Spanish 1 (Grades K- 3)
- Spanish is taught twice a week for Kindergarten and 1st grade, and three times a week for 2nd and 3rd grade for 45 minutes each class.
- The text we are using is Calico Spanish Level 1 by Cindy Colyer and Erica Fischer, fourth edition. The curriculum includes Flash Cards, Reproducible Resources on CD, Music CD & DVD, Literature, a Songbook, Student Activity book, Assessments, and posters.
- We will spend our time practicing simple questions and responses, singing songs, playing games, practicing some writing, and reading books in order to learn the language and about the culture.
- Concepts to be covered at this level will be:
- Calendar days & months
- The Alphabet
Introduction to Spanish 2 (4th-5th grades)
- Spanish is taught three times a week for 45 minutes each day.
- We are using the Calico Spanish Level 2 by Cindy Colyer, Sara-Elizabeth Cottrell, and Erica Fischer, versión 2.0. This curriculum includes Books, Flash Cards, Student Activity Pack, Assessements, CD-ROM, Music CD, and posters.
- Reading, writing, conversing and playing games will aid students in learning the language and about other cultures. Students will be able to talk a little more about themselves in Spanish.
- Topics we will explore:
- Daily routine & time
- Celebrations and Traditions
- Seasons and Weather
Spanish 1 (6-8th grade)
- Spanish is taught everyday for 45 minutes
- We are using Realidades 1 published by Prentice Hall. This curriculum includes textbook, workbooks (for native and non-native speakers of Spanish), online resources, and a CD-ROM for Teacher resources and student activities. This book is used for Spanish 1 in the high school in the Bellingham School District.
- Students will be developing their listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills. The goal is to have students prepared to enter Spanish 2 by the time they graduate.
- Topics and Themes we will explore:
- Friends and Self
- Favorite pastimes
- Celebrations with family
- The home
- Unique experiences