You may have noticed that there seems to be a lot of people talking about SCRIP this year. The reason is simple – this year is going to be a BIG year for SCRIP. SCRIP is a really easy way to fundraise – but many Assumption families are still confused about what SCRIP is and how it works. We’ve spelled everything out here – so let’s start with a few FAQs.
What is Scrip?“SCRIP” is a fancy word for gift cards. Retailers sell Assumption Catholic School their gift cards at a discount and then we sell them to you at face value. The difference between our discounted price and the face value of the card (ie: rebate) turns into fundraising dollars for Assumption!
When you purchase SCRIP cards for things you already buy – like groceries, gas, and dining out - you help us to raise money for the school. You won’t spend more than you normally would have. All it takes is a little time and planning to keep gifts cards in your wallet for the stores you most often shop.
HERE’S AN EXAMPLE: Fred Meyer sells Assumption a $100 gift card for $95 (5% rebate) · Assumption sells YOU a $100 gift card for $100 · The school just earned $5 and it cost you NOTHING.
How do I buy Scrip?
SCRIP can be purchased different ways.
- Download order form here to be prepared in advance
- Send an order/check through the Wednesday Parent Envelope and pick up during regular SCRIP office hours.
- Come to the SCRIP office at the following times to purchase what's available in stock.
- If it doens't work to do the preferable 3 options above, come into the school office and we will do what we can to help
- Online SCRIP is available as well at www.shopwithscrip.com. Our enrollment code is BEA4L5E11126.
SCRIP Office Hours
- Tuesday and Thursday, 2:45-3:15 pm
- Wednesday and Friday, 7:45-8:15 am
What is the money raised with scrip used for?The money goes to the Parent Teacher Club fundraising efforts. In turn, the Parent Teacher Club supports school programs such as technology, science equipment, and upgrading textbooks.
AM I ABLE TO special order scrip?
SCRIP may be special ordered through Mrs. Angie King at email@example.com.
hOW MUCH IS RAISED FOR THE SCHOOL THROUGH THIS PROGRAM?
in a typical school year, the SCRIP program contributes approximately $23,000 for the Parent Teacher Club and indirectly to the school operations.